A downloadable game for Windows
You are the Black Mage. They took your stuff. Jump and fight your way through the land on a quest to reclaim your gold!
- Use spells to fight enemies - or to avoid them
- Platforming game inspired by Commander Keen, Mario and Donkey Kong
- Find hidden treasure in every stage
- 9 stages, a boss and hidden stuff
- For optimal results, switch your display to 60Hz
How to play:
- You can double jump, it refills when you land
- You can use your fireball and your push to extend your jumps
- A fireball aimed at the ground will make you fly (rocketjump)
- Every offensive spell can be charged up
- The snowball (big charge on Melee) can be manipulated
- Use a charged snowball to cause a big explosion, Unreal-style
- Enemies can be stunned by your double-jump
- Stunned enemies take more damage
- The snowball can also be altered by your double-jump
- If you time it right, you can do a melee combo and end it with a spell-button
About this project:
This is my first game. I'm not an artist, not a programmer either and certainly no musician. It was a lot of fun creating what could be considered a sizable demo/shareware. I wanted to see if I could do everything myself.
Black Mage is entirely made in Game Maker Studio. I don't own the main character. This is a non-profit project.
Use the installer in case you can't run the standalone file. It should install the necessary dll files.
The Game should run on everything as low as a dual-core PC. Since it's Gamemaker, it will not run well unless you have a dedicated graphics card and somewhat updated drivers, at least in my experience.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.